I’m excited to announce that after 4 years as an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher (ITRT), I am going back to the classroom as a 5th grade teacher! Each year I’ve found that I missed having my own set of students more and more. I miss having those closer relationships with the kids. I’m ready to dive back in and have more of a direct impact on student learning. I think I have a new perspective with being out of the classroom for a few years; I had a different lens being in a variety of classrooms and schools as an instructional coach. I know I will miss being an ITRT, but I feel it’s a good time for a change.
Here are some of the highlights I’ll remember about my time as an ITRT:
- The awesome team of ITRTs that were fabulous to work with. Seriously. Such a smart, dedicated group of folks that have a passion for education.
- Being one of the leads helping our district migrate from Groupwise to Google Apps for Education (GApps). This was a huge shift and something I’m very proud of.
- STEM team: STEM lessons, 3d printers, Makerspaces, coding, STEM Summit, SeaPerch, Mad About STEM
- Conferences attended: VSTE, Google Apps Summit, UMW EdTech, EdCampCville, Instructional Coaching Academy
- Expanding my knowledge of professional learning and instructional coaching.
- Further developing my leadership skills.